Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolution: LGBT Inclusivity on Dr. Phil Show!

People who have been reading this blog for some time know that I have been monitoring and demanding that the Dr. Phil show refrain from using homophobic, biphobic, and transphobic topics on their show as they have done several times in the past. I was also quick to praise them for their attempt to create positive and LGBT-affirming coverage.

Over the past several months I have continued to monitor their upcoming shows to make sure that topics such as those in the past are not scheduled. I am pleased to say that there seems to have been major improvement, although instead of negative LGBT coverage, there now is no LGBT coverage.

Make 2010 the year Dr. Phil tackles topics sensitive to the LGBT community in a fair, affirming, and positive way!

Sign the Twitter petition demanding positive coverage, and send the show a direct email.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Honestly, I think have Dr. Phil not comment on the GLBT community is a good thing. His treatment of women or weight makes me wish he would just shut his bigoted mouth permanently. Just about everything the man utters is problematic in some form.

Queers United said...

Renee I can't stand the man for my life, he advocates smacking children to teach them a lesson, he is so messed up. Unfortunately he still has many people who worship his word, so we need to attempt to make him into a positive outlet for our causes.

Post a Comment