Monday, April 12, 2010

JLo Inspired by Drag Queens and Fine if her Kids are Gay

Pop star sensation Jennifer Lopez appreciates her gay fan base and feels a close connection to the community. She has recently been quoted respecting the opinion of drag queens and tells that she would be accepting if her children grow up to be gay.

Regarding drag queens the singer in an interview with the magazine The Advocate said in an upcoming issue:

"I feel like you can't not think about them. I also think about whether or not they'll want to impersonate me. "I'll be like, 'Is this outfit any good? Would any drag queen want to put this on? No? Then forget it - it's not worth it'" (Star Pulse).

As for whether her kids could turn out being gay:
She explains, "Honestly, it wouldn't bother me at all. I wouldn't be shocked or anything. (Husband) Marc (Anthony) even once asked me, 'What if one of the babies is gay?' I said, 'Who cares?' And he was like, 'Yeah, I know. Who cares?' You just love your kids and want them to be happy" (Star Pulse).

Celebrities are held to a higher standard and are considered icons who maintain a lot of influence. We appreciate JLo speaking up positively about the community.

JLo can be reached on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment