Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chick-fil-A Tied to Anti-Gay Funding Campaigns

U.S. fast food chain Chick-fil-A has been receiving LGBT media attention over its ties to anti-gay groups and sentiments. Through its foundation the company has been sponsoring anti-marriage events and organizations throughout the country.

Chick-fil-A's charitable arm, the WinShape Foundation, has been particularly active in the fight against marriage equality. They've hosted conferences with some of the leading opponents of gay marriage in this country. A higher up at WinShape has even praised the efforts of anti-gay activist David Blankenhorn for working against marriage equality, and for articulating a solid reason why American culture should reject same-sex couples (Change.org)
But there's more...

WinShape Foundations Retreat Center does not cater to LGBT people!
"WinShape Retreat defines marriage from the Biblical standard as being between one man and one woman. Groups/Individuals are welcome who offer wholesome, educational conferences and programs that are compatible with Biblical values and WinShape's purpose."

"We do not accept homosexual couples because of the statement in our contract." (Good as You)
Sign the petition demanding Chick-fil-A pull its sponsorship of anti-gay events.

2 comments:

libhom said...

If they served actual food, I would bother boycotting the place.

Leslie said...

Chick-Fil-A is all over the south where I grew up, so I used to eat there all the time. I loved their little chicken sanwiches. But I won't give my hard earned money to any business that I know hates me. That's like giving a knife to someone you know wants to rob you, not an act of good sense. And I'm a loud mouth activist queer. I'm telling every LGBTQ member of the social soup club and our allies, that Chick-Fil-A has a hate on for us; so they should take their business someplace else.

I'll think about giving them some business when they undo the damage they've done by supporting our cause for equality and safety. Until that day comes, they don't get another dime of my money.

Post a Comment