Friday, September 5, 2008

Intersex Movie: XXY

The soon to be released film of XXY is groundbreaking as it is one of the few movies dealing with intersex people. 15 year old Alex (Ines Efron) was born intersex and had both male and female genitalia. Alex falls in love with a 16 year old son of her mothers friend. The movie goes through the trials and tribulations faced by this young teen as they explore their sexuality, gender identity and living life outside of the box.

Below is a trailer of the upcoming movie...

7 comments:

T. R Xands said...

How cool! I can't watch the trailer yet but an intersex movie sounds great...if it's done right of course.

I've had the weirdest urge to write intersex fiction. I don't think there's a whole lot of that either.

Queers United said...

Go for it T.R I am sure it will be enriching to the lives of those who feel ostracized for being different. I can't wait to see this movie, I hope it gets distributed widely.

Nicky said...

As an Intersex, I am already supporting this Movie and I think that this movie will outclass transamerica by a mile.

Dharma Kelleher said...

I agree with Nick. From the previews, it looks like the issue is addressed with class. I was disappointed with TransAmerica.

Nicky said...

That's why I hope XXY makes the English translation version and I hope XXY puts transamerica to shame. I never liked transamerica and that movie was so awful. I like the reviews so far and the reviews are far better. As an intersex, yes I do support this film and I support it being shown nationwide.

Anonymous said...

When does this movie premier? Will it be in local fine arts theaters?

Anonymous said...

this movie was awesome.

Post a Comment