Friday, June 19, 2009

Tell Obama to Dump DOMA Now!

DOMA stands for the Defense of Marriage Act which prohibits federal recognition of same-sex unions. President-elect Barack Obama has vowed to overturn DOMA.

In light of the increasing pressure the administration has felt over the recent Department of Justices defense of this antiquated legislation, the time is now to let Obama know we demand he keep his campaign promises to the LGBT community to repeal DOMA.

The Dump Doma campaign is urging us to pressure the house speaker Nancy Pelosi, majority leader Harry Reid and the rest of congress to act quickly to send the bill to the president for him to sign.

Please fill out the action alert at dumpdoma.org and tell your friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I signed the petition and sent it to friends.

I'll also put this up on my blog tomorrow.

Queers United said...

Thanks Steve, I got to sign it myself (goes to do that now). Sometimes I post these action alerts and forget to do them myself lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. At a time when fundamental civil rights are denied to our families and our community, a credit card which displays the rainbow flag is a great way to show the world that we are here and our discretionary spending makes a difference.

http://www.gayrewardscreditcard.com

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I am so excited to see this! I am going to go check it out and then spread the word!
Thanks for keeping your ear to the ground for all of us!!

Post a Comment