Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Word of the Gay: "Gay Face"

A "gay face" is a term used to describe someone who is thought to have features that indicate they are gay. A stereotypical "gay face" for men would include tightness around the mouth, higher arched eyebrows, tan and more emotionally expressive features. A lesbians "gay face" has muscular facial tendencies, less emotion, lower brows, and the skin is generally pale.


Hank Drake said...

Then I have the furthest from a gay face imaginable...unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Hank, my face is far from "gay face"... definitely not a "100 footer" LOL!
Who makes up all these terms anyway!

Queers United said...

I don't know where these terms come from, I imagine they come from the bar scene when being gay was still very much taboo and was its own separate sub-culture.

Anonymous said...

I, HONESTLY, laughed out loud when I read "gay face" and saw you had put Zefron's face to illustrate the concept. Honestly, I really laughed. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

ps: You can also put the same picture to explain the words "closet case" and "glass closet". Or even "velvet maffia". ;-)

Post a Comment