Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nationwide DOMA Protest Today!

Today is the nationwide protest against the 'Defense of Marriage Act'

DOMA is pure discrimination written into our law by stating that:

1. No state (or other political subdivision within the United States) need treat a relationship between persons of the same sex as a marriage, even if the relationship is considered a marriage in another state.

2. The Federal Government may not treat same-sex relationships as marriages for any purpose, even if concluded or recognized by one of the states.

Check the listing for an event in a city near you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! DOMA (Defense of Marriage ACT) is not, I repeat NOT a constitutional ammendment it is a LAW! I'm all for protesting it, but you people need to get your facts right!

SNT said...

I will be the Greenville, NC Protest today. My camera will be too. Once again I will Photograph this event.

and will post them to the web.. see my blog for detail and web address of the album

I hope to see many friends at this event I made at the last one

Anonymous said...

I will be marching with my married partner in San Diego.

Queers United said...

elli thanks for the correction.

sick and jude - let us know how it goes, can't wait to see photos.

Anonymous said...

I missed the protests, but I sure hope Obama will remember us and repeal DOMA!!

Post a Comment