Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pledge-a-Thon for Workplace Equality

Help Lambda Legal make the case for equal workplace rights by signing their petition.


Click here for Pledge-A-Thon petition for Workplace Equality


Here is the pledge you would sign above:


"I believe that workplace discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and people living with HIV is wrong. I pledge to support workplace equality whenever I can and will strive to do one or more of the following:


* Treat LGBT people and people living with HIV with respect in and out of the workplace.

* Get educated about forms of workplace discrimination that LGBT people and people living with HIV experience.

* Help make my workplace LGBT- and HIV- friendly.

* Support my co-workers' (or employees') right to form an LGBT employee resource group.

* Help improve policies in my workplace that protect the rights of LGBT workers and workers living with HIV and work to carry out existing policies.

* Help improve laws protecting the rights of LGBT workers and workers living with HIV on the local, state and federal level.

* Speak out if I witness workplace harassment or discrimination at work or in the community."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There definitely need to be more strict laws protecting the LGBT community in the workplace. Sign their petition!

Post a Comment