The Human Rights Campaign launched a new website today to kick off the campaign to pass federal hate crimes legislation in the 110th Congress. The site, found at www.hrc.org/FightHate, will:
- Provide background information on the legislation, the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act (LLEHCPA).
- Feature photos and videos illustrating the devastating impact hate crimes have on individuals and communities.
- Answer frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the bill.
- Provide the latest updates on the bill’s progress.
- Provide users with the tools to directly contact their members of Congress to urge them to support the legislation.