Monday, November 24, 2008

Ten More Good Years

Ten More Good Years is a new documentary being featured on the queer channel LOGO. This short but moving film features a few LGBT elders who are struggling to get by in a hostile world. The film shows the struggles of being a queer senior in nursing homes, and being around people who don't understand or accept of alternative sexuality or gender.

It is very heart warming to see these kind people going about their lives and sharing their stories. It is also very shocking and sad to see the people who began the movement for LGBT liberation being forced back into the closets they so proudly broke out of decades ago.

5 comments:

T. R Xands said...

AH-HAH. That's the name of that documentary. I remember watching it a few months ago (I don't remember if it was actually on Logo or not, it probably was). I thought it addressed the issues of aging queers really well, and I thought it was interesting that it addressed the age-gap between gays now and gays then, in so many words (I know that's real eloquent). I strongly recommend it even though it's really sad at times too :/

Anonymous said...

is that Robert Gant?

Diane J Standiford said...

I am anxiously awaiting my reception into (coming soon) an assisted living home. I still do not like our use of "queer" I must be the only one. I give "queer" a few more years. It is such a hateful word; will we rap it too? To "claim it?" Can't we move on? Hasn't the point been made? I am not queer, which means abnormal, I am not and will never be.

Unknown said...

I wish I could watch it...I hope logo show this on their website

Laurie said...

I think I just woke the neighborhood :)
When Ivy said 'WE'RE NOT GOING BACK...WHERE
EVER THEY WANT US TO GO WE'RE NOT GOING THERE'
I clapped....

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment